Trinity Church has joined with other churches in our area to provide a unified solution to homelessness in our area. Our vision is to restore broken families who are without a home, and give them the KEYS to a new life in Christ (Knowledge & Education for Your Success)
We are looking to Recruit, Train and Mobilize volunteers from Trinity Church to be engaged in this ministry to homeless families in our community and to network with other organizations which provide local resources for the homeless including KEYS, and the Housing Authority of County of San Bernardino (HACSB).
We have established a “Welcome Home Team” which will give the gift of friendship and new beginnings to families who are being re-established in a new home. There are many ways we can contribute to these efforts:
- Gathering essential household items to get them started and host a move in party
- Training the family in budget and financial management
- Life skills training like ‘how to interview for a job’ & goal setting
- Mentoring with emotional and spiritual support
- Medical/Dental evaluations
- Marriage Counseling and Parenting Skills
For more information, contact Martha Daggett at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our Facebook Group and stay up to date on current Welcome Home Team needs.
The family we helped, Tina and her kids were displaced by a fire recently. The San Bernardino Sun did a brief story on the fire that destroyed Tina’s home. Read Article Here
Maureen Hodge was recently featured in the Redlands Daily Facts. An Article About Maureen
Here’s a video of how we, as a church, were able to help Tina and her family.